What a surprise I found in this novel. So every month as a prime member, Amazon offers me a choice of novels coming out the next month to read in advance. So as I was looking over the offerings that month I came across this one and the title intrigued me. As I read the short blurb that accompanied it I really became intrigued. I cannot give this novel enough praise. The author had me hooked from the first line and it only got better from there. I read it from cover to cover in just 3 hours, I could not put it down.
The story begins with a mother loosing her child in a drowning during a storm. As she learns to deal with her loss, she starts to rebuild her life. It's been ten years, she has a husband now, pregnant and starting to find the joy in life again. When all of the sudden, her son now a teenager; appears from nowhere and he is unable speak. He can't tell them where he's been and what happened to him. The broken bones and numerous injuries tell them that whatever it was had been horrific. Who from their tiny town could be capable of this?
This the story of a mother's fight to find out what happened to her son and to learn to reconnect. The story line in itself is a page turner because you are so caught up in trying to find out what happened to the son in those ten years that you never seen the end coming and you certainly do not expect the answer.
I was so impressed by this novel and it's author that I have recommended it to all of my friends. You must read this book you will not be sorry you spent the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment