I have to say first off that I was so skeptical about this book after the disaster that was "Sundown" I was almost afraid to start and read this book. However I am glad I did. Still probably not 100% to Nora Roberts standard that we are use to reading it is still by far much better than the last offering.
This one gripped me from the moment I started reading and within pages my emotions were all over the place. I could feel the terror they felt in the moment of pure chaos. I felt as they did that it went on forever and not just the 8 actual minutes of terror. I fell completely into this story line. We watch the characters as they not only survive but put their lives back together after the terror and tragedy. We walk with them as they move forward and find new lives. But someone does not want them to continue with their new lives and has not let go of the terror from the mall.
I enjoyed this book so much more than the last. I still feel as if someone else was writing as it did not see to be Nora's usual gripping can't put it down style of writing. It did take me longer to read than it normally does her books. I even placed it aside to start and finish another's authors book and came back to this one.
I would say it is a good book and definitely worth the read. Just don't into it expecting it to be a normal Nora Roberts book.
No comments:
Post a Comment