Friday, January 11, 2019

Yours After Dark (A Gansett Island Novel) by Marie Force

This series is amazing. I love a good series that draws you into the lives of a community. I can imagine what it is like to live on this island and have all these characters for friends. That's just how good Marie Force write a book. All of the books in this series is well worth time to read and you will go back time and again just to revisit your old friends on Gansett Island.

I found this book even more appealing this time. In it the male protagonist is one of the amazing McCarthy men. He's restless and thinking about leaving the island to go back to the mainland to an old job and maybe an old girlfriend. All of his cousins, his Dad, his uncle and now his brother have found love on the island. He thinks he's not ready and then he meets her. She's been there all the time. All it took was getting a haircut to meet a woman beyond his dreams. But she had secrets and he wants to know what they are so they can overcome them and be together. This book is beautifully written and handles an issue that many face today and Marie handles it perfectly.

Marie incorporates an element this time that many authors do not. That's what I love about her. Sometimes her characters are not perfect. Sometimes they have medical issues; or they are a bit overweight, not skinny and perfect like some romance authors like to write. She tries to keep them real yet still appealing.

Try this series I promise you will not be disappointed and you will fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment